Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April 2, 2013

As I begin my one hour prayer each day I struggle for the first 10 minutes or so. The beginning of the Prayer guide says, " Go into a room and close the door - Matthew 6:6. The challenge for me is to close the door. Close the door to my thoughts about the day - close the door about what I have to do - in short to keep my mind from wandering outside the closed door. This is especially difficult when I have a busy stressful day ahead of me. I want to skip prayer and just get things done and resolved. After about 10 minutes of battle though I settle down and I am always glad I did. I leave the prayer time with a sense of peace and I am handling things throughout the day with a greater sense of peace and purpose. How did your week go?

1 comment:

  1. Almighty God! I could not wait to pray this morning - i saw a miraculous answer to prayer in the lives of a couple i have been praying for regularly - made me want to pray more - he is an Almighty God

    ReplyDelete