Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 16, 2013

On my vacation I went to a church to pray most mornings. It was a small sanctuary seating about 50 people. It was opened from 6am - 6pm each day for prayer. Each day I went to the chapel I was the only person there and the chapel provided a beautiful quiet place for prayer. Being a curious person I walked around and found a bulletin with a history of the area. I learned that the town I was in - Cape May Point, NJ - was formed in the 1870's to be a place of spiritual revival and was dedicated to the glory of Jesus. The town was planned around a central circle in which was erected a wooden tabernacle in which 3,000 people would come and worship. I looked out the window at the circle - now just a nice public garden - no tabernacle - no one worshiping Jesus. The town now just another summer destination. I thought of the empty chapel with only myself at prayer. My friends it is time for us to seek the Lord and pray for revival.

No comments:

Post a Comment