Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April 30,2013

I am always challenged by Jesus' statement "could you not pray with me one hour." As I discipline myself to pray God has been revealing to me my inner nature. I have what has been called 'hurry sickness.' If there is an issue or situation pending then my first and primary response is to solve the problem or deal with the issue. When my day is full I am in a hurry to get to work and get busy. Prayer of course challenges this aspect of my nature. I remember what John Wesley said - "I am too busy to be in a hurry." I am reminded what I believe Charles Spurgeon said, "I pray two hours each day and if I have a busy day then I pray three hours." God is disciplining me to make prayer a priority every day especially when I am rushed and busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment